Grow, Connect, Serve
Under policy-based governance, one of the responsibilities of the UUCF Board of Directors is to capture the vision of the congregation through Ends statements. The Ends are not a statement of what the congregation is or has already achieved, but more a vision of what we could be. The Ends evolve and are periodically re-envisioned by the board, on behalf of the congregation.
In 2010-11, the Board of Directors re-envisioned UUCF’s Ends statements with input from lay leaders and other members of the congregation. They were approved by the congregation at the 2011 Annual Meeting.
The overarching Ends statement, or vision, for UUCF is Grow, Connect, Serve.
The details of that statement are as follows:
Grow – Transforming Ourselves: We grow as individuals and as a community through worship, service, play and caring for one another, and thereby deepening our appreciation of the gifts of life and love.
- We gather in worship and in lifelong religious education and exploration to nourish our spirits, open ourselves to the holy and challenge each other to become our better selves.
- We grow in spirit and strength by working and advocating for social justice, spiritual practice and supporting each other through passages, grief and hardship.
- We celebrate our joys and grow through fun, fellowship and play.
Connect – Transforming Our Community: We connect to and care for our families, our congregation and our community.
- We live our values with love and compassion creating a diverse religious community united through fellowship and service.
- We give generously of our time, talent and resources in caring ministries with one another.
- We reach out to those who seek a spiritual home and connect them to a vibrant spiritual community, welcoming people of all ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, political affiliations and abilities.
- We live our commitment to the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and to just and compassionate human relations, committing ourselves and our resources to help our neighbors and the community in which we live.
Serve – Transforming the World: We serve our world through our work and commitment.
- We champion civil, economic and environmental justice in our community and in the world.
- We, as grateful stewards, nurture and care for our human, financial, physical and natural resources, holding them in trust for ourselves and future generations.