Posted Jan. 4, 2022.
UUCF Volunteer Comptroller Job Description
The comptroller carries out various duties consistent with UUCF’s financial management procedures. Specific responsibilities of the Comptroller include the following:
- Serving as the primary check signer.
- Reviewing financial reports prepared by the UUCF Finance Manager.
- Consulting on accounting and finance questions, and researching information as needed.
- Assisting with budget preparation, including attending meetings when necessary.
- In consultation with the Finance Manager, estimating cash reserves to cover ongoing financial needs and unexpected impacts.
- In coordination with the CT, establishing or revising financial policies and procedures.
- Ensuring sound stewardship of all UUCF funds.
- Serving in an oversight role to identify deviations from established UUCF financial policies and procedures and reporting deviations to the CT.
- Serving as amember of the Financial Oversight Committee and attending meetings once a month (currently third Tuesday of each month) and occasional additional meetings, as needed.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, spreadsheet software and computerized ledger systems, preferably Quickbooks.
Other helpful skills:
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting rules.
- Ability to prepare and review financial statements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of private financial information.