Use the search fields three ways below to find events for you or your family:
- Plug in a Keyword and click Search.
- Plug in a date range and click Search.
- Use the Event Category drop-down to search for events in different categories.
Location:Maritime Conference Center
Date/TimeThu., October 17, 2019 - Sun., October 20, 2019 from All Day
Thu., Oct. 17-Sun., Oct. 20, Maritime Conference Center, Baltimore, MD.
“The Origins of Unitarianism, Universalism and Unitarian Universalism in America: Implications for Liberal Religious Thought and Practice, Then and Now”
More information and registration at uuconvo.org.
The convocation will celebrate the 200th anniversary of William Ellery Channing’s sermon “Unitarian Christianity” and the 250th anniversary of John Murray’s arrival in North America.
The Conference will include the following:
- a special panel on Channing’s 1819 sermon, hosted by the First Unitarian Church of Baltimore on Friday evening, Oct. 18,
- Plenary talks presented by Dr. Christopher Cameron, assistant professor of history at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and Rev. Mark Harris, author and longtime minister at First Parish of Watertown, MA (now retired).
- Dismantling White Supremacy workshop
- Panel on the Black UU Living History Project
Sponsored by the UU History and Heritage Society, UU Collegium and the Murray Grove Retreat & Renewal Center.Contact:
Add to Your Calendar:
Powered by Events Manager