Date/TimeSun., November 22, 2020 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Please join the League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area for an insightful program on Fairfax County’s policy of racial and social equity, One Fairfax. Register at https://2020.gm.eventbrite.com.
- Jeff McKay, Chairman, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Dr. Scott Braband, Superintendent, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Karla Bruce, Chief Equity Officer, Fairfax County
- Anu Sahai and Nancy Roodberg, Co-Presidents, League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area
- Jill Follows, Moderator, Co-Chair, Action and Advocacy, League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area.
The league seeks insights into One Fairfax and whether it casts a big enough net to remedy:
- inequities in past and future programs.
- barriers to equal opportunities for all Fairfax County residents, especially minority persons, women and persons who are elderly, disabled and otherwise disadvantaged due to discrimination.
- human rights violations
- slow attainment of the 17 areas of focus to attain equity in Fairfax County
- minimal awareness of the policy.
Add to Your Calendar: