Date/TimeSat., January 11, 2020 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
A Workshop for Boards, Nominating Committees and Leadership Development Teams and anyone interested in the topic
Learn how congregations can develop resilient leaders for the changing church. Rev. Renee Ruchotzke, Central East Region, Unitarian Universalist Association, will facilitate, share emerging models and host conversations about how to shape congregations’ approaches to leadership development.
Your team will leave with a plan and some new thought partners (the other participants!). Sliding scale: $10 – $20 – $30. Register here.
Email email@example.com by Jan. 8 to request child care.
Broad-brush outline of the day:
Morning: The Times, They Are A-Changin’
- Changing demographics, finances, time constraints, etc.
- Mission and how it impacts the work of the congregation.
- What motivates people to serve, especially in different cultures/generations.
- The cultural “Great Turning” and our need for resilience. What qualities leaders need for the times that are coming.
Afternoon: Where Do We Go From Here?
- The historical role of nominating committees (checks and balances) and the vision of leadership development teams (mutual and generative).
- How to develop leaders to develop needed qualities.
- Small group planning and large group sharing.
- Available resources.
Add to Your Calendar: