The following non-profits and local government entities offer support to those facing short-term financial challenges:
- Cornerstones – promotes self-sufficiency by providing support and advocacy for those in need of food, shelter, affordable housing, quality child care and other human services.
- Food for Others – distributes food to neighbors in need by mobilizing the community and volunteers.
- Britepaths – serving those families who, while not homeless, are in financial crisis and in danger of “falling through the cracks.”
- FACETS – Helps people meet emergency food, shelter and medical needs.
- Northern Virginia Family Services – providing assistance during the government shutdown.
- Western Fairfax Christian Ministries – provides compassionate, life-essential services to reduce hunger and the risk of homelessness among residents of western Fairfax County.
- Fairfax County Coordinated Services – 703-222-0880
Local Good Samaritans have also compiled a list of restaurants and services available at free or reduced rates.