Date/time: Sat., Feb. 10. Set up starts at 5:30; event starts at 6 p.m.
Location: UUCF Sanctuary
Chili entry categories: vegetarian, meat and youth
Suggested admission donation: $10
Click here to volunteer: Volunteers needed for setup, cleanup, side dishes, beverages. Sign up coming soon.
Contact: Kathy Bridgeman
- Please make at least 3/4 gallon of chili or 10 -12 servings of salad or side dish – more is better. We expect a lot of people.
- Chili and side dishes must be pre-cooked and brought hot to the Sanctuary at 5:30 p.m. for set up before the event starts at 6 p.m.
- Please bring chili and heated sides in self-heating crock-pots or on warming plates. (If you don’t have one, bring in a large pot to keep warm on the kitchen stove, and replenish your serving pot from it. Note: Stove burners are limited so use will be first-come, first-served.
- Extra crock pots, warming plates, power strips and extension cords to share are greatly appreciated.
- All chilis must have a name. Some catchy names from past international categories include: “Two Flush,” “Outhouse,” “Dallas Cowboy” and “Firehouse” chili. The name of your chili should be prominently displayed by your pot. Decorating your serving area is encouraged, keeping in mind the need to conserve crowded table space.
- Any kind of chili is allowable (and encouraged!): beans, no beans, vegetarian, venison, etc. See if your creative chili ingredients win good reviews.
- Your serving dishes and serving area must be clean and sanitary.
- Toppings are a big plus, so please bring them: onion, jalapeno, cheese, hot sauce, condiments, rice, macaroni, etc.