Paint Branch Unitarian Universalist Church, a congregation of 180 adults members with 45 children in Adelphi, MD, seeks a three-quarters-time director of multigenerational religious exploration. The ideal candidate should be collaborative, enthusiastic, flexible, well-organized and able to engage with all our parts of our diverse faith community – especially our children and youth.
- Commitment to a liberal religious education philosophy.
- A working knowledge of Unitarian Universalist principles and values.
- Proven ability to use web-based and office technologies.
- Ability to encourage, nurture and collaborate with volunteers, staff and the congregation.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in education or related field preferred.
- Membership in the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Under the direction of the minister, and in collaboration with the Multigenerational Religious Education Team (MRET), provide direction and planning for the Religious Exploration program.
- Provide leadership for the year-round RE program for children and youth (nursery through high school). This includes the Coming of Age and Our Whole Lives programs with an emphasis on intentional multiculturalism and multigenerational spiritual growth within a UU context.
- Collaborate with the PBUUC worship team to engage children and youth in weekly services and offer multigenerational all-ages services approximately six times per year.
- Develop and coordinate child/youth friendly multigenerational events that enhance congregational life and demonstrate our UU values in the wider community.
- Publicize programs and events within and outside the congregation using a wide variety of communication platforms.
- Recruit, orient and support volunteers needed to implement a successful RE program.
- Collect, organize and maintain RE-related administrative records.
- Hire, train and supervise on-site child care providers.
- Encouraged to engage in professional development activities with the support of PBUUC.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the minister within reason.
Send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.