Safety is our first concern. Our policies, procedures and rules all exist to ensure the safety of (y)our children. Please read our Policy – RE Safety Policies and Agreements.
Our child safety rules include:
- Two adults in every classroom whenever children are present.
- Children in the Grade 3 or younger must be picked up at the end of class by a parent or parent-designated representative. They will not be allowed to leave unattended.
- Classrooms are to be “Peanut and Nut-free zones.”
- Parents must sign a permission form for their child(ren) to participate in UUCF-sponsored trips or outings as well as for overnight activities on the UUCF campus. See forms here.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the UUCF campus.
Background check policy
All volunteers working in RE classrooms should read the complete Policy – RE Safety Policies and Agreements and complete the Authorization for UUCF to Conduct Confidential Screening and Criminal Background Investigations. All will be checked against a sex offender registry by the RE assistant. A background check will be conducted for all OWL teachers, volunteers for youth (Gr. 7-12,) and those who have been attending UUCF for less than a year.
Rules of behavior for Youth
- Respect the people, property and congregation.
- No purchasing, possession and/or use of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- No abuse of legal drugs.
- No weapons.
- No use of tobacco.
- No leaving the grounds where the activity is held.
- No theft (a police report may be submitted for anything lost or stolen of a value of more than $100).
- No sexual activity and no inappropriate or unwanted touching of another person.
- No shared covers in sleeping rooms or otherwise. At least one adult will always be present in rooms where participants spend the night.
- Observe the “No” Rule. A participant’s use of the word “NO,” and all forms of “No” such as “Stop” or “Don’t do that” shall be recognized as a signal for others to cease any and all behavior that may cause the participant to become uncomfortable, or to feel threatened, either physically or emotionally.