If you’re a UUCF RE teacher or greeter, this is your page for calendars, teacher guides, curricula, forms, policies and other resources.
All UUCF RE teachers and advisors
- Master RE Teaching Calendar PDF Click for PDF
- Word version of RE Teacher Calendar Click for word (modifiable)
- Teacher Guide
- Includes information on supplies, teaching practices, welcoming and safety. Teachers complete the last page for permission for RE staff to conduct background checks.
- Sexual Abuse Online Training. We ask all teachers to considering taking this two-hour training. The cost is $10, which you can reimbursed by emailing your receipt to email@example.com. Everyone should send their completion confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. We believe this will be a valuable tool for you whenever you work with children.
- How to Contact Your Classes and co-teachers.
- Curriculum 2017-18
- RE Curriculum 2016-17
- RE Brochure for 2016-17
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to TVs with AirPlay video
UUCF RE greeters
- View a list of activities for your class or family by using the pull down menu under “All interest groups” to filter activities in categories such as:
- Religious Exploration
- Children’s activities
- Middle school activities
- High school activities
- Family friendly
- Childcare events
- You may also subscribe to a calendar by using the icons at the bottom left of the screen.
UUCF policies and procedures
Teacher Training 2nd Wednesday Webinars
- Mindfulness in the Classroom Video by Linnea Nelson and Torie Gorges.
- Overview text of the Mindfulness Webinar: Provides the readings and Loving Kindness texts, including two additional poems not in the webinar.
- Weaving New Media Into the Classroom Video by LInnea Nelson and Paul Atelsek.⇑
- Overview text of the Media Webinar: Provides the readings, resources and Best Practices for using media in the classroom.
- Cultural Competence for Teachers Karen Wolf, Racial Justice Steering Committee (RJSC) and the UUCF Pres. Board of Directors; and Peg Hillman and Milo Valenzuela, members of the RJSC presented their views of cultural competence with ideas for RE teachers in our classrooms. Click on the person’s name for their remarks:
Peggy (Professional Educator)
Karen Part I (Works with Young adults)J
Milo (Parent, to come)
Teacher Training Fall 2016
- Games Workshop By Kat Bindbuetal
- Preschool Songs and Sensory Activities by Suzanne Leonard
- Early Elementary Classroom Management by Kelly Henderson
- Older Elementary Classroom Management by Kelly Henderson
- Classroom Games for Elementary to Middle School, by Suzanne Leonard
- Useful Games
- Deep Fun, Games for older elementary and youth
- Responsive classroom guidelines
- Storytelling by Rev. Madelyn Campbell
2015 NOVA Cluster Teacher Training Resources
- Preschool Fun
- Elementary FUN
- Teaching Tips for Primary Grades
- How to Make Up Stories from BR
- Story lesson: Three Billy Goats Gruff from BR
- Tree for spiritual practices workshop
- Creative ways to line up or sit in class (Creative resources to group children.)
- Story Selling Tapestry of Faith
- Student engagement (Games)