A fresh approach to Religious Exploration for these extraordinary times.
In these times of isolation, stress and uncertainty, meaningful connection can recenter and re-engergize us. QUUilt, UUCF’s new take on RE, aims to emphasize Connection over Content by engaging children, families and adults in religious community through fun and fellowship.
QUUilt goes beyond a traditional framework of Religious Education for children by embracing lifelong learning at UUCF and supporting parents, children, youth, adult learners, teachers and volunteers in a connected community.
Sunday morning classes and high school and middle school group activities will continue (virtually), of course. But these “patches” of content are now joined with other new opportunities for connection.
Information on opportunities for connection are shown below and will be shared in the weekly QUUilt Community UUpdate, along with links to register children for online RE classes and to sign up for activities. If you’ve been receiving weekly RE UUpdates, you are all set. If not, sign up here. For questions about QUUilt, contact Director of Religious Exploration Diana Tycer. For middle or high school programs, please contact Courtney Firth.
Come wrap yourself in the warmth of community. Get involved in QUUilt!
New QUUilt Opportunities for Connection
- Family story time
- Parent conversation groups
- A middle school book club
- Online game nights for 4th-6th graders
- Staff-supported RE at Home.
Possible other new patches include Adult Program classes and small groups geared for parents and young adults and collaboration on activities with other UU congregations like Cedar Lane and River Road, and engaging in justice work at UUCF.
How to Connect in QUUilt
- Host a family story time session
- Join a parent conversation group
- Register your child for an RE class
- Be a parent helper in an RE class
- Do RE at Home with your children
- Join Family CartUUns night on Fridays
- Volunteer as a chaperone for an online MS or HS event
- Take an Adult Programs class
- Encourage your youth to attend MS and HS events
- Engage in justice work at UUCF as a family unit
Upcoming QUUilt events
|Sat. Dec 5 at 7:00 PM||Holiday Caroling|
|Thu. Dec 10 at 8:00 PM||The Vocal Instrument|
|Tue. Dec 15 at 6:30 PM||Youth-Adult Committee|
|Thu. Dec 17 at 8:00 PM||The Vocal Instrument|
|Wed. Dec 23 at 7:00 PM||Family Sing-Along - By-Request UU Hymns|