- What is QUUilt?
- How to connect with QUUilt
- QUUilt this month
- QUUilt classes
- QUUilt volunteer opportunities
- Register your child/youth for a class.
In these times of isolation, stress and uncertainty, meaningful connection can recenter and re-engergize us. QUUilt, UUCF’s new take on RE, aims to emphasize Connection over Content by engaging children, families and adults in religious community through fun and fellowship.
QUUilt is a fresh approach to Religious Exploration for these extraordinary times.
QUUilt goes beyond a traditional framework of Religious Education for children by embracing lifelong learning at UUCF and supporting parents, children, youth, adult learners, teachers and volunteers in a connected community.
Sunday morning classes and high school and middle school group activities will continue (virtually), of course. But these “patches” of content are now joined with other new opportunities for connection.
New QUUilt Opportunities for Connection
- Family story time
- Parent conversation groups
- A middle school book club
- Online game nights for 4th-6th graders
- Staff-supported RE at Home.
Possible other new patches include Adult Program classes and small groups geared for parents and young adults and collaboration on activities with other UU congregations like Cedar Lane and River Road, and engaging in justice work at UUCF.
Information on opportunities for connection are shown below and will be shared in the weekly QUUilt Community UUpdate, along with links to register children for online RE classes and to sign up for activities. If you’ve been receiving weekly RE UUpdates, you are all set. If not, sign up here. For questions about QUUilt, contact Director of Religious Exploration Diana Tycer. For middle or high school programs, please contact Courtney Firth.
Come wrap yourself in the warmth of community. Get involved in QUUilt!
- Host a family story time session
- Join a parent conversation group
- Register your child for an RE class
- Be a parent helper in an RE class
- Do RE at Home with your children
- Join Family CartUUns night on Fridays
- Volunteer as a chaperone for an online MS or HS event
- Take an Adult Programs class
- Encourage your youth to attend MS and HS events
- Engage in justice work at UUCF as a family unit
July Message from the Director of Religious Exploration
|Tue. Aug 16 at 6:30 PM||Youth-Adult Committee||Via Zoom Only|
|Wed. Aug 17 at 4:30 PM||4th-6th Grade Online Gaming Group||Via Zoom Only|
|Sun. Aug 28 at 4:30 PM||Youth Choir||UUCF Music & Arts Room|
|Sun. Aug 28 at 5:30 PM||RE Family Potluck||UUCF Sanctuary Commons|
|Wed. Aug 31 at 4:30 PM||4th-6th Grade Online Gaming Group||Via Zoom Only|
July RE Schedule
- Sun., Jul. 10
9:50 a.m. Music & Munchkins, Sanctuary
10:30 a.m. Children’s Chapel and summer fun for rising Kindergarten through rising 4th graders
Fun & Games for rising 5th-rising 8th grades, Program Building.
QUUILT Calendar Reminders for Ongoing Groups
No RE meetings in July
- Zoom Info Session on RE Program – Mon., Aug. 8, 7 p.m.
- RE Committee – Tue., Aug. 9, 7 p.m., Library & via Zoom
- Youth-Adult Committee – Tue., Aug. 16, 6:30-8:30 p.m., via Zoom
- 4th-6th Grade Gaming – Wed., Aug. 17 and Wed., Aug. 31, 4:30-5:30 p.m., online
- High School Trip to King’s Dominion – Fri., Aug. 19, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- OWL Orientation for Grade 5 & 6 parents and students – Sun., Aug. 21, 2-4 p.m.
- OWL Orientation for 7th-9th grade parents – Sun., Aug. 21, 4-6 p.m.
- Teacher and Ambassador Orientation – Sat., Aug. 27, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Youth Choir – Sun., Aug. 28, 4:30 p.m.
- RE Family Potluck – Sun., Aug. 28, 5:30 p.m.
Contact RE Staff for zoom links if needed.
For information about these ongoing groups or if you need Zoom links for these activities, contact Diana Tycer.
RE Events for August and September – Save the Date!
HS Trip to Kings Dominion – Fri., Aug. 19, 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
OWL Orientation for Grade 5 & 6 parents and students – Sun., Aug. 21, 2-4 p.m.
OWL Orientation for 7th-9th Grade parents – Sun., Aug. 21, 4-6 p.m.
Teacher and Ambassador Orientation – Sat., Aug. 27, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Ingathering – All Congregation Worship – Sun., Aug. 28, 10 a.m.
Youth Choir begins – Sun., Aug. 28, 4:30 p.m.
RE Family Potluck – Sun., Aug. 28, 5:30 p.m.
MS Kickoff (potluck and games for whole family) – Sat., Sep. 10, 5:30-8 p.m.
Fall RE classes begin – Sun., Sep. 11.
Make-Up OWL Orientation for 7th – 9th Grade parents – Sat., Sep. 17, 4-6 p.m.
Coming of Age Ceremony for students, parents, families and teachers – Sun., Sep. 18, time TBA
RE Class Sundays for 2022-23
The RE class schedule for next fall, winter and spring has been set. The dates allow for the completion of fall curriculum before the holidays and allow for a longer break after the holidays in preparation for possible resurgences of COVID cases. Please mark your calendars for the following RE class Sundays.
- Sep. 18, 25
- Oct. 2, 9, 16, 30
- Nov. 6, 13, 20
- Dec. 11, 18
- Jan. 22, 29
- Feb. 5, 19, 26
- Mar. 5, 12, 19, 26
- Apr. 16, 23, 30
- May 7, 21