Shepherd’s Center of Oakton-Vienna is looking to hire a special events community associate. If interested, email SCOV Executive Director Susan D. Garvey.
Description: The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently and problem solve. He/she will have the ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community. This is a fast-paced job that requires multitasking while paying attention to detail. Must be able to self-manage with significant strength in time management. This is a part-time at-will position with no benefits.The position is 25 hours per week Monday-Friday and reports to the executive director.
Special Events Associate Duties: Plan and assist with annual community dance fundraiser, plan 2-3 small friend-raiser events and co-lead the annual UUCF Yard Sale and assist the executive director with special projects, as needed. Some evening and weekend participation is required.
Responsibilities: Event Management
- Serve as staff liaison with the Development Committee co-chairs for the 2019 Dance Event.
- Plan and implement event objectives while working within approved budget provided by the executive director. Works with the executive director on potential corporate and local sponsors. Develop sponsor leads and maintain sponsor leads in database.
- Work with volunteer community manager. Provide volunteer needs to volunteer community manager.
- Work with marketing communications manager. Provide calendar for marketing, all collateral materials and publicity needs.
- Assist the trip coordinator with three planned trips and on-site support to travelers.
- Assist the volunteer community manager with Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon.
- Assist the marketing communication manager with newsletter mail-outs.
- Provide copy four times per year for SCOV newsletter, e-blast and other outreach marketing needs as requested.
- 2-3 years’ experience in event management for nonprofit organizations.
- Team player who is self-motivated and has experience working with office volunteers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- Proficient with Raiser’s Edge or DonorSnap.
- 4-year college degree in event management, marketing or equivalent.