The first priority of Equality UUCF is to promote a safe and welcoming environment for LGBTQ members of the congregation through a variety of activities including social gatherings, groups and educational offerings like the “Living the Welcoming Congregation” curriculum.
The second priority is to propagate and support outreach to the LGBTQ community as a whole, focusing on raising awareness of and advocacy for important legislative issues that directly affect the social standing of the LGBTQ community.
Equality UUCF may interact outside the UUCF community with other recognized religious and secular organizations that promote LGBTQ equality and foster understanding. These organizations may include other UU congregations, UUs for Social Justice, People of Faith for Equality in Virginia, Equality Virginia, and PFLAG.
In 1994, UUCF became a Unitarian Universalist Welcoming Congregation to support the inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer (LGBTQ) people in the life of the congregation.
- Coming events
- UUCF is a Welcoming Congregation
- Equality UUCF Statement of Purpose
- UUA Welcoming Congregation program
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UUA’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Ministries
- Equality Virginia
- Human Rights Campaign
- PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- PFLAG DC
- GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)
- GLAAD Media Reference Guide – glossary of terms
- Transgender Education Association of Greater Washington, DC