The UU Church of Annapolis (UUCA) seeks a vibrant, enthusiastic, organized and team-oriented person to help grow its membership and member relationships. The position is for 15 hours a week at $22 per hour.
The UUCA Member Services Coordinator is a gifted individual who can work with a team as well as autonomously. This person’s job is to help UUCA welcome, incorporate and keep both new and established members and friends as part of the church’s overall mission: to inspire and empower all souls to live bold and compassionate lives. Actively engaging established members while recruiting new members is central to living out our UU values in Anne Arundel County and beyond.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Connecting, engaging and orienting visitors, members and friends into the life of the congregation in person or online.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating membership programs and policies.
- Oversight of membership line-item in the budget. This includes management of and spending for membership-related products and services as approved by your supervisor.
- Keep a new member orientation program established for greeting and welcoming newcomers and current members on Sunday mornings, acclimating newcomers to the congregation; making sure they are given the opportunity to fill out a new member card; and receive other pertinent information. This includes leading or supporting UUCA’s new member orientation program (Inquirers Series or any developed in its stead) and attend/participate in New Member Sundays.
- Periodically make follow-up calls/send emails to visitors and missing members.
- Communicate as needed with members using UUCA’s social media accounts.
- Promote healthy stewardship for all UUCA newcomers, members and friends both within new member programs and as requested.
- Coordinate, as needed, with UUCA ministers, staff and volunteer leaders to connect visitors, members and friends with opportunities for faith development, support and comfort, serving others and social activities.
- Log weekly church attendance into our database. Keep member data private and up-to-date in our ACS database in coordination with the Finance & Operations Director; enter new member, deceased member and resigned member data sheets into ACS database; help perform maintenance on database (or recruit volunteers to help).
- Take part in training on the membership database (On Demand ACS and Access ACS); provide new members with access to Access ACS and ChurchLife App; keep UU World subscriptions current.
- Oversee and manage Sunday morning greeters and ushers with volunteer coordinators.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and manage several projects at once.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively with volunteers.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, especially with newcomers.
- Proficiency using social media, Microsoft Office and other internet-based mass communications programs.
- Ability to speak about UU identity, culture and values.
- Appreciation and knowledge of intercultural and anti-racist best practices.
- Appreciation for theological diversity and LGBTQIA+ concerns.
- Ability to be outgoing and friendly with people of all ages and identities.
- Ability to encourage members to be welcoming and invitational about church.
- Ability to understand the principles of church growth and membership.
- Ability to learn on the job.
Please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.