ARTspeaks is an art space on the campus of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax (UUCF), 2709 Hunter Mill Rd. All local artists are welcome to participate.
- Click here for instructions on how to submit art.
- Click here for highlights from the current installation.
- Expand the number of artistic voices contributing to thematic art on campus.
- Support local artists and various local artistic communities.
- Create conversation among artistic organizations in the area.
- Provide a neutral space for discussion of complex themes.
Art speaks. Art offers a story. Through medium, subject, intensity of the piece or its relationship to other artwork, ARTspeaks is looking for work on monthly themes that insists on consideration, emotion or response. ARTspeaks encourages work from local artists and especially welcomes those who are sharing their work for the first time. We include all visual mediums from local art groups, community service organizations, youth programs and schools. ARTspeaks is a space without ideology, a place where people with different views can meet to find common ground. The aim of the art is to bring to light underlying issues that we all encounter, in a shared space where discussion is possible.
- We can show 25-50 pieces depending on size.
- The space is open Sundays, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., and Thursdays, 6-9 p.m.
- In addition, the main UUCF Sanctuary building is open weekdays 9 a.m.-4 p.m. During those hours, ARTspeaks is open, but not monitored.
- There is consistent traffic to the space every day and evening by the congregation, the home-schooling program on Wednesdays and meetings held with external groups.
- Starting in September we will hold a monthly public reception for ARTspeaks.
- Our standard commission is 20%; this is negotiable with arts organizations.
Fall 2017 schedule
Interested in helping?
Are you interested in helping out at ARTspeaks? Are you unable to submit work but want to be part of an exciting process? We need you! We need assistance with labeling artwork, procuring artists statements, hanging artwork and receiving artwork on the first Thursday of the month, 6-9 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.