Sunday Worship Links
- Join UUCF worship via livestream above.
- Order of worship
- Join the Zoom breakout sessions after the service here.
- Donate to this month’s Share the Plate recipient – Insight Memory Care Center.
Order of Worship
- Opening Announcements Video
- Prelude – “Pacem” by Lee Dengler. Copyright: Harold Flammer Music. Performed by the UUCF Community Chorale and Katherine Riddle, flute.
- Opening Hymn – #1074 Turn the World Around. Words and music by Harry Belafonte and Robert Freedman. Arr. Jason Shelton. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
- Chalice Lighting
- Responsive Welcome
- Time for All Ages
- Singing the Children to RE – “We Send You on Your Way”
- Ritual of Candle Lighting
- Hymn of Prayer – #18 “What Wondrous Love.” Words: American folk hymn. New words by Connie Campbell Hart. Copyright: Unitarian Universalist Association. Music: Melody from “The Southern Harmony.”
- Sermon – Belonging Is the Opposite of Fitting In
- Closing Hymn – #1053 “What Wondrous Love.” Words and music by Libby Roderick. Copyright: Libby Roderick Music. All rights reserved.
- Extinguishing the Chalice
Worship participants are Senior Minister Rev. David A. Miller, Assistant Minister Rev. Christin C. Green, Director of Religious Exploration Diana Tycer and Worship Associate Janet Sifers, with technical assistance from Bill Braband and Alison Raffaldt.
The music for the service is the UUCF Community Chorale and Katherine Riddle, flute.
Today’s commemorative dedication is from Kurt Jensen in loving memory of Carol Jensen.
The Share the Plate recipient for September is the Insight Memory Care Center, a nonprofit adult day health and resource center providing specialized care, support and education for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory impairments, their families, caregivers and the community. To donate to the fund, please text the words “UUFairfax” to the number 73256 and select Share the Plate from the drop-down menu, or donate online at onrealm.org/uucf/-/ give/stp.