Posted Jul. 27, 2022.
Part-time Child Care Providers
UUCF is seeking adults age 18 and older to work as Child Care Providers for two Sunday shifts – Sundays, 9:45-11:45 a.m., caring for babies and toddlers and/or Sundays, 2:45-5:30 p.m., caring for children ages 3 to 12. Rotating and flexible schedules. Work weekly, biweekly, or once a month – perfect for college students or teachers. Experience caring for or working with children is desired, but not required. Pay: $15/hour. Training provided. Email inquiry and resume to Director of Religious Exploration Diana Tycer or mail to 2709 Hunter Mill Rd., PO Box 130, Oakton, VA 20124. Background check required for employment.
Posted Jan. 4, 2022.
UUCF Volunteer Comptroller Job Description
The comptroller carries out various duties consistent with UUCF’s financial management procedures. Specific responsibilities of the Comptroller include the following:
- Serving as the primary check signer.
- Reviewing financial reports prepared by the UUCF Finance Manager.
- Consulting on accounting and finance questions, and researching information as needed.
- Assisting with budget preparation, including attending meetings when necessary.
- In consultation with the Finance Manager, estimating cash reserves to cover ongoing financial needs and unexpected impacts.
- In coordination with the CT, establishing or revising financial policies and procedures.
- Ensuring sound stewardship of all UUCF funds.
- Serving in an oversight role to identify deviations from established UUCF financial policies and procedures and reporting deviations to the CT.
- Serving as amember of the Financial Oversight Committee and attending meetings once a month (currently third Tuesday of each month) and occasional additional meetings, as needed.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, spreadsheet software and computerized ledger systems, preferably Quickbooks.
Other helpful skills:
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting rules.
- Ability to prepare and review financial statements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of private financial information.