Sunday Worship Links
- Join UUCF worship via livestream above.
- Order of worship
- Donate to this month’s Share the Plate recipient – Famil USA.
Order of Worship – Oct. 1, 2023, 10 a.m. – Our Stories Cannot Be Stopped
Worship participants: Senior Minister Rev. David A. Miller (he/him); Assistant Minister for Congregational Life Rev. Christin C. Green (she/her); Director of Music & Arts Laura Weiss (she/her); Director of Religious Exploration Diana Tycer (she/her); Worship Associate Mariya Curry (she/her)
- Opening Announcements Video
- Opening Music- “Up to the Mountain” by Patty Griffin. Performed by the UUCF Choir with soloist Rev. Christin C. Green.
- Welcome Song – “You Are Welcome”/”Here Together” by Laura Weiss/David Glasgow
- Greeting – Rev. David A. Miller
- Land Acknowledgement
- Chalice Lighting – “The Importance of Telling Our Stories” by Rachael Freed. Read by Mariya Curry.
- Hymn – #34, “Though I May Speak With Bravest Fire”
- Time for All Ages – “And Tango Makes Three” by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell. Read by Diana Tycer.
- Singing the Children to RE – “We Send You on Your Way”
- Ritual of Candle Lighting
- Hymn – #108, “My Life Flows on in Endless Song”
- Offering – “I Will Be Brave” by Sally K. Albrecht. Performed by the UUCF Choir with small group (Terri Birnbaum, Janet Cushing, Lydia Lewis and Ashley Rothermel)
- Sermon – Our Stories Cannot Be Stopped by Rev. David A. Miller
- Extinguishing the Chalice
- Benediction & Announcements
- Hymn – “Now Let Us Sing”
- Postlude – “L’Orage” (Op. 109, No. 13) by Johann Burgmüller. Performed by Laura Weiss on piano.
October Share the Plate recipient: Northern Virginia Mental Health Foundation, whose mission is to provide support to individuals in the community who are seeking public mental health services on their journeys to wellness and recovery. To donate to the fund, please text the words “UUFairfax” to the number 73256 and select Share the Plate from the drop-down menu, or donate online at onrealm.org/uucf/-/give/stp.