What Can I Donate?
The 2021 UUCF Auction – AuctionVision – is right around the corner and the Auction team needs your help! If you are looking for ways to donate, you are in the right place. All kinds of items and events are needed to make the auction a success. If you have a vacation home to lend for a weekend, great! If you can make a batch of your famous cookies, also great!
Once you’ve decided what you would like to contribute, use this 2021 UUCF Auction Donation Form to submit your donation. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Do you own a vacation home/condo? Donate a weekend’s stay! As the weather gets warmer and we enter the vaccination phase of the pandemic, UUCF folk are especially eager for a change of scenery.
Eat, Drink & Be Merry
Some of the most popular Auction items gather UUCFers to eat and drink. NOTE ON SCHEDULING: If you’re planning an in-person event, keep in mind that safe practices and wait until later in the year or early next year to schedule. What a nice thing to look forward to! Here are a variety of in-person and virtual ideas:
- Prepare and deliver a full dinner (e.g. Soupapalooza, Taco Fiesta, BBQ Bonanza, etc.)
- Host a themed dinner in your home (e.g. Stuff on Sticks, Socially Distant Outdoor Pizza Party, Sunday Dinner, Italian Comfort Food, etc.)
- Host a virtual or in-person cocktail party
- Host a virtual or in-person wine, beer or spirits tasting
So many choices! Nowadays you can get a gift card for almost anything.
- Wineries, breweries, distilleries
- Retail shops
- Grocery stores
- X-Box, Nintendo, Steam
- Online store gift cards
Do you have expert knowledge of birds or other creatures native to this area? Do you know your town’s historical background? Can you teach families to make fairy houses with materials found in their back yards? Consider leading an event or class. Or perhaps you want to organize a corn hole tournament (once it is safe to gather). Socially distanced outdoor activities are a great way to celebrate the return of spring.
- Host a Corn Hole Tournament
- Lead a Nature Walk/Historic Walk
- Lead an outdoor Art Project class
- Create and host a local Scavenger Hunt
- Send someone to your favorite winery with a gift card
Learn From the Masters
Use your expertise to offer valuable knowledge. Set up a seminar/consultation, all possible on Zoom. Could you take the lead in one of these areas?
- Writing projects
- Art Project
- Cooking Class
- Music lessons
- Legal consult
- Wine Tasting
- History of __________
- Do–It-Yourself ________
- Anything else?
Game nights are great ways to inject a little fun into your dull pandemic routine. Host a virtual game night or donate some family fun activities:
- Assemble a Family Fun Night Basket (e.g. Twister, dominoes, card game, poster coloring sheets, s’mores making ingredients, and a pizza gift card)
- Host Jackbox Online Game Nights plus delivered/pick-up snacks
- Assemble Busy Box (e.g. games, snacks, jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzle book, etc.)
- Donate your favorite game – board, party, card
- Lead a virtual Dungeons & Dragons session on Roll20
Spirit, Mind & Body
It has been a long year and we need to make sure we are taking care of ourselves. What is your favorite wellness routine? Why not create baskets or package any of the followin:
- Pamper Yourself baskets (e.g. bath products, scented body products, herbal tea, sleep mask, chocolates, etc.)
- Manicure products
- Meditation and self-care books
- Yoga book, mat, wheel, foam roller
Prepare something delicious, donate for bidding!
- Fancy bars
- Sourdough bread of the month club
- Homebrew Roulette
Fine Art & Crafts
We have many skilled artisans in the UUCF community. Is there a piece you can donate? Or perhaps you own a piece of art that you are ready to share with someone else? Or, use your skills to hand-fashion an item for bid. Hats, notecards, knitting projects, wood-burning, you name it!
Home, Kitchen, Table & Bar
Do you have new or gently used items you’d like another household to enjoy? Barware, wall art, serving dishes, charming knickknacks, that brand-new hand vacuum you never opened, etc. Why not give these items new life in a new home?
Jewelry & Fashion
We all have those items we bought for a specific occasion and will probably never wear again. Or even that one thing we bought and never even wore. We will find a home for your new and gently used clothing and jewelry.
Can you fix things? Do you like pets? Can you rake and mulch yards? What else?
- Pet Sitting
- Dog Walking
- Honey-Do Tasks
- Yard Work
- Christmas Decorating (outside/inside)
If you have donated and purchased all the auction items and events that interest you and you still have room in your budget, please consider a monetary donation to the auction. The funds donated here will be applied to UUCF’s current program and budget. Any amount helps.
Please use the 2021 UUCF Auction Form for each item you are donating.