The following are guidelines for the selection of UUCF delegates to the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) annual General Assembly.
1. Priority for delegate selection
- Each delegate shall be a voting member of UUCF.
- Priority will be given to UUCF leadership: Board members, lay members of the Coordinating Team (CT), lay ministers, followed by committee/activity chairs, in that order.
- Priority will be given to creating a diverse delegation of congregants, including youth, young adults, and members of color, regardless of their current leadership status. Delegate selection will take into account not just current and past leadership positions, but also serve as a leadership development opportunity.
2. No more than one member of a family may be a UUCF delegate, unless no alternates are available. However, family members of delegates may serve as alternates.
3. Notification of delegate selection will be made as soon as practicable. The Leadership and Nominating Committee (LNC) will propose a slate of delegates to the CT early enough to be timely. The CT approves the delegate candidates proposed by the LNC.
4. A list of alternates will be maintained. Alternates can be moved to delegate status as deemed necessary by the LNC, with CT notification. Once proffered, delegate status will not be rescinded. Delegates should notify the LNC as soon as possible if they cannot attend.
5. Expectations for UUCF delegates to GA:
- Represent UUCF at general sessions and vote.
- Attend an orientation sponsored by the LNC.
- Attend online orientation provided by the UUA Board.
- Bring back your experience and share with the congregation.