Make a Big Impact With a Future Gift
When you include UUCF in your estate plan, your generosity helps the congregation fulfill its mission to transform ourselves, our community and the world through acts of love and justice. Thank you for ensuring that UUCF can continue to accomplish these goals well into the future.
How do I make a Future Gift to UUCF?
Making Plans With Your Professionals
Please consult with an attorney, financial advisor and tax/or professional to create a personal estate plan. In view of your situation and goals, these professionals can help you coordinate and consider tax-wise ways to make gifts. After finalizing plans with your legal or financial professionals, please complete the Future Giving Donor Form.
Designate UUCF as a Beneficiary
In just a few minutes – and with no attorney’s fees – you can designate UUCF as one of the beneficiaries of your:
- Retirement Account [(IRA, TSP, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement plan])
- Bank Account
- Investment Account
- Commercial Annuity
- Life Insurance Policy
Ask your retirement plan administrator or institution for a “change of beneficiary” or other appropriate form. Complete and return the form to the administrator, keeping a copy for your records. To inform UUCF of this change, please complete the Future Giving Donor Form.
Become a Legacy Society Member
The UUCF Legacy Society honors those who have included the congregation in their estate plans. The Society holds an annual member reception, sponsors educational programs and publishes timely articles about the impact of planned gifts on the future of our vision and mission.
You are eligible for membership when you have submitted a Future Giving Donor Form, indicating that you have provided for UUCF in your will or trust, made UUCF a beneficiary or have made other planned gift arrangements. You do not need to specify an amount. There is no minimum (or maximum) gift. All correspondence and communication will be treated confidentially and with the utmost concern for your charitable interests. Any documentation that you provide will be kept in a secure location at UUCF.
Your membership in the Legacy Society …
- demonstrates your belief in the importance of the future of UUCF’s mission and vision.
- expresses your gratitude in a lasting way for the people, connections and experiences that have enriched your life.
- connects you with like-minded members and friends who share your commitment to sustain and deepen UUCF’s vital presence in the world.
For More Information
Beyond consulting your financial and legal professionals for estate and tax planning advice, here are some other information sources for potential UUCF Future Giving donors.
- UUCF Endowment Fund web page, which explains how your gift to the UUCF Endowment Fund will be used.
- Future (or Legacy or Planned) Giving Resources for UU Congregants, provided by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA).
UUCF Future Giving Team Members can also serve as an information source. Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to the following committee members individually through the UUCF Realm member database: Betsy Bicknell, Stephen Gold, Perry Mataya, Grace Meininger or Laura Richardson.