The UUCF Leadership & Nominating Committee (LNC) is dedicated to making leadership development an enduring part of UUCF culture, by supporting, recruiting and providing training, resources and spiritual deepening opportunities for UUCF’s lay leadership. Part of this mission includes developing and recruiting candidates for positions on the Board of Directors and the LNC.
The LNC reports to the Board of Directors and contains UUCF members elected by the congregation (three new members are elected each year and each elected member serves for 2 years. The remaining members are appointed for 1-year terms from a cross-section of committees throughout UUCF. These members are appointed each year by the Board of Directors.
The LNC’s denominational activities include:
- Recruiting and preparing UUCF delegates to the annual General Assembly of the UUA.
- Administering congregational subsidies and scholarships to participants with priority given to creating a diverse delegation of congregants, including youth, young adults and members of color.
- The LNC serves as the congregational liaison to the UUA.
LNC Committee 2023-24
- TBD – Membership Committee representative
- TBD – Board of Directors representative
- TBD – Lay Ministers representative
- TBD – Religious Exploration Committee representative
- John Kun – elected – 2022-24
- Mark Magee – elected – 2023-25
- Hanh Michaels, co-chair – appointed by the Board – 2022-24
- Ruth Perry – elected – 2023-25
- Nancy Rooney, co-chair – elected – 2022-24
- Anthony Salvi-Exner – elected – 2023-25
Kathy Wilson – elected – 2022-24
- UUA General Assembly, Jun. 20-23, 2024, will be 100% virtual. Delegate applications will be open in early 2024. More information about GA can be found here. Questions? Contact the LNC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UUCF Leaders Guide
The LNC is responsible for producing and updating The UUCF Leaders Guide, which gives a general overview of information every UUCF leader needs to help serve the congregation. If you are serving in UUCF leadership and have a question, turn to this guide first. If you can’t find the answer, turn to the immediate leader of your area of ministry. If you are a committee member, ask the committee chair. If you are a committee chair, ask the lay minister or professional minister who oversees your committee. If you are a lay minister, speak to the minister who oversees your lay ministry.