UUCF held its 2020 Annual Meeting on Jun. 7.
During the meeting, congregants voted on nominees for leadership positions. The following congregants were elected and will begin their terms on Jul. 1:
- Board of Directors (3-year terms): Susan Bennett, Meredith Carr and Lydia Lewis.
- Nominating Committee (2-year terms): Don Andress, Meghan Crowley and Tom Hazzard.
- Endowment Fund Committee (3-year terms): Betsy Bicknell and Bob Carr.
The following items were approved:
- the 2019 Annual Meeting minutes.
- the Bylaws changes.
- the Congregational Resolution on Immigration.
- a proposal to re-purpose two funds.
- a motion to allow UUCF to manage current income and expenses so that the congregation remains solvent through Oct. 1, 2020. (A 2020-21 budget will be presented at a special congregational meeting to be held no later than Oct. 1, 2020.)
- UUCF ordaining John Monroe.
In addition, four congregational awards were presented:
- Terry Goplerud was awarded the Bruce H. Birnbaum Award “in recognition of volunteer service to UUCF above and beyond the call of duty.”
- Kathy Smerke Hochberg received the Bill Welch Religious Exploration Award “in recognition of sustained service and dedication to Religious Exploration for the children and youth of our community of faith.”
- Susan Bennett was awarded the Howard and Agnes Sollenberger Social Justice Award “in recognition of distinguished service in the promotion of social justice in the world.”
- Peter Krone received the 2020 Founders Award, which “recognizes long-term outstanding service and dedication to our religious community.”