With more than 140 voting members present, UUCF held its 2016 Annual Meeting on Sun., Jun. 5. Here are some of the highlights:
- Bylaws revisions – approved unanimously
- Annual budget and operating plan – approved with one dissenting vote
The following were elected to new leadership positions on the Board of Directors and Endowment Fund and Nominating committees:
- Board – Paul Atelsek, Peggy Hillman and Anthony Salvi will serve 3-year terms, and Jennifer Caires will complete the final year of the unfinished term of another board member.
- Endowment Fund Committee – Steve Gold and Jim Johnson were elected to serve 3-year terms.
- Nominating Committee – Maya Dhavale, Scott Lundgren and Janet Sifers were elected to serve 2-year terms.
Martha Ades received the Howard and Agnes Sollenberger Award for long-term commitment to social justice. In addition to involvement in scores of social actions over her 15+ years at UUCF, Martha served as lay minister for social justice from 2013-2015. During her tenure, the Social Justice Council and Share the Plate program were reorganized and our first Weekend of Service was launched.
UUCF’s Director of Administration Rich Sider received the Founders Award for outstanding long-term service and dedication to UUCF. Rich was cited for “putting the health and welfare of this beloved community first, with intelligence, integrity, fairness, good humor and substantial proficiencies in strategic visioning, budget management, governance, facilities management, fundraising, staff support and so much more.”