Meets every first Sunday, 12:30-2 p.m., Library
Contact Dick Van Diuzend
UUCF’s Partner Church Circle:
- Maintains regular communication with the Unitarian Church of Szentgerice and the Unitarian Church of Puriang;
- Periodically informs the congregation of the condition, circumstances and requests of our partner churches and the activities of the Partner Church Circle;
- Provides various forms of financial assistance to the partner churches and villages to improve the quality of life;
- Develops, coordinates and delivers technical and other forms of non-monetary assistance to the Unitarian churches and people in Szentgerice and Puriang;
- Promotes, coordinates and facilitates visits and communication between members of UUCF and the Unitarian churches in Szentgerice and Puriang;
- Develops services, programs, and materials to enhance knowledge and understanding of Unitarianism, culture, human rights, religious freedom and the needs of the people of Transylvania and the Khasi Hills;
- Works with the Greater Washington Area Partner Church Council (GWAPCC), the Unitarian Universalist Partner Church Council (UUPCC), and other churches and organizations to further the PCC’s missions and objectives.
Membership on the PCC is open to anyone interested in furthering the mission and objectives of the PCC. The PCC is led by a chair and two vice-chairs (one for each partner church community).
Revised March 2006
In accordance with UUCF’s principles, develop long-term mutually supportive relationships with our fellow Unitarians in Transylvania, Romania, and in the Khasi Hills of India.
- Strengthen the bonds of friendship between members of UUCF and the people of Szentgerice and Puriang.
- Promote an exchange of people and ideas.
- Provide funds and other forms of assistance to help directly the Unitarian churches of Szentgerice and Puriang.
- Provide funds and other forms of assistance to both village communities to improve the quality of life of all inhabitants and foster economic development by: enhancing the educational opportunities in both partner communities; improving the health and well-being of the people in each community; and supporting efforts to end poverty in Szentgerice and Puriang.
- Deepen our understanding of the roots of our faith.
- Foster mutual tolerance and respect among ethnic and religious groups in Transylvania and the Khasi Hills.
- Strengthen human rights and religious freedom in Romania and India.
Organization and Membership
- The membership of the Partner Church Circle (PCC) shall be open to everyone who is willing to help further the above Mission and Objectives.
- The UUCF PCC shall be led by a chair and two vice chairs (one for each partner church community). The chair shall be elected each June and no chair may serve more than 2 years in a row. Vice chairs are elected each June, serving any number of terms.
- The PCC may establish standing and ad hoc committees as needed to achieve its objectives and carry out activities.