The UUCF Board of Directors recently approved the following resolution affirming the advancement of the Potomac Partnership:
Whereas, the Unitarian Universalist congregations of River Road, Fairfax and Cedar Lane are facing similar challenges and opportunities;
Whereas, initial conversations between staffs and members of the three congregations on possible joint strategies have been productive and have created enthusiasm for addressing some of our shared challenges in partnership;
Whereas, the Potomac Partnership concept has been advanced and discussed by some members of the three congregations, their ministers and their respective governance boards;
Recognizing that conversations are in middle stages and that specific actions, policies and processes remain to be developed in conversation across our congregations:
- The UUCF Board of Directors registers its enthusiasm for the possible benefits, to our congregations and to our communities, of the Potomac Partnership.
- Supports further advancing the Potomac Partnership.
- Endorses the idea that collaborations among our congregations can lead to a deepening of our UU faith and identity, a wider welcome to those currently outside our congregations and a greater impact in our work for justice, equality and inclusion.
- Encourages UUCF’s ministers, staff, congregation members and committees, as appropriate, to continue to develop specific actions, policies and processes under the Potomac Partnership.
- Invites, but does not require, a more formal proposal for taking action on the Potomac Partnership at a future date, potentially before May 2021.