Sunday Worship Links
- Join UUCF worship via livestream.
- Donate to this month’s Share the Plate recipient – Northern Virginia Mental Health Foundation.
Order of Worship – Oct. 8, 2023, 10 a.m. – Living With, And For, Each Other
Worship participants: Lay Minister for Worship & Arts Rev. Rebecca Benner; Assistant Minister for Congregational Life Rev. Christin C. Green (she/her); and Worship Associate Tania Harbourt
- Opening Announcements Video
- Opening Music- Performed by pianist Anthony Joseph Bock.
- Welcome Song – “You Are Welcome”/”Here Together” by Laura Weiss/David Glasgow
- Greeting – Rev. Rebecca Benner
- Land Acknowledgement – Rev. Christin C. Green
- Chalice Lighting – Words by Adam Slate. Read by Tania Harbourt
- Hymn – #1008, “When Our Heart Is in a Holy Place”
- Time for All Ages – “We Are a Garden” by Lisa Westberg Peters with illustrations by Victoria Tentler-Krylov. Read by Rebecca Benner.
- Singing the Children to RE – “We Send You on Your Way”
- Ritual of Candle Lighting
- Hymn – “There Is a Love.” Music by Elizabeth Norton.
- Sermon – Living With, And For, Each Other by Rev. Rebecca Benner
- Hymn – #318, “We Would Be One”
- Extinguishing the Chalice
- Benediction & Announcements
October Share the Plate recipient: Northern Virginia Mental Health Foundation, whose mission is to provide support to individuals in the community who are seeking public mental health services on their journeys to wellness and recovery. To donate to the fund, please text the words “UUFairfax” to the number 73256 and select Share the Plate from the drop-down menu, or donate online at onrealm.org/uucf/-/give/stp.
Today’s commemorative dedication is from Paul Bernstein and Willow Bodman in honor of their 40th wedding anniversary.